Home / NCC Activity
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
The National Cadet Corps (India) constituted under NCC Act of 1948, has its Head Quarters at New Delhi. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization recruiting cadets from high schools, colleges and universities all over India. The cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades.
The origin of theNCC can be traced back to the First World War when the Britishers created the University Corps as the second line of defence and to have a large pool of trained youth available for employment into the Armed Forces.
After independence on 16 April 1948 the NCC came under the Ministry ofDefence, Government of India.
The Girls Division of the NCC was started in July 1949 and in April 1950 Air Wing was added. Afterwards the Naval Wing was raised in July 1952, thus completing the true representation of all services in the Corp.
"Unity and Discipline" is its motto and it was adopted on 23 Dec 1957.
In 1954 the tricolour flag was hosted. The three colours in the flag represent the three services of the Corps, red for the Army, deep blue for the Navy and light blue for the Air Force. The letters NCC and the NCC crest in gold in the middle of the flag encircled by a wreath of lotus, give the flag a colourful look and a distinct identity. Each lotus represents one NCC Directorate (Dte).
Aims and Objectives of NCC
- To inculcate the attributes of character, courage comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship.
- To orient the youth towards providing selfless service to all the sections of the society.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and offering oneself for serving the Nation.
- To provide a conducive environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
Enrollment, Activities and Achievements of NCC
Authorized Strength: 55
Total Enrolled Cadets: 55
First Year Enrolled Cadets-21 (20 SD and 01 SW)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-23 (19 SD and 04 SW)
Third Year Enrolled Cadets-11 (09 SD and 02 SW)
- ATC (Annual Training Camp): 14th June to 23rd June 2015, Malout
Total Participated Cadets-13 (10 SD and 3 SW)
- International Day of Yoga: 21st June 2015, GZS PTU Campus, Bathinda
Total Participated Cadets: 24 (20 SD and 04 SW)
- Shooting Competition, Ropar: 22nd June to 02nd July 2015
SUO ManoharLal Sharma selected for Intergroup Shooting Competition
- Intergroup Shooting Competition: 3rd July to 12th July, Ropar
SUO ManoharLal Sharma attended the camp
- Guard of Honour to Brigadier at 20 Pb. Bt. Bathinda, 17th July 2015
- Enrollment of NCC Cadet in August (Session 2015-16)
Total Cadets-55 (48 SD and 07 SW)
- SUO ManoharLal Sharma gave Guard of Honour to Brigadier at 20 Pb. Bt. Bathinda, 7th Aug. 2015
- SNIC(Special National Integration Camp) at LehLadhak Camp: 07th Aug. to 21st Aug. 2015 and got second position in Inter Directorate Guard of HonourCompetition
Total Participated Cadets: 06 (06 SD)
- RDC (Republic Day Camp): 7th Aug. to 16th Aug. 2015 , 23 Pb. Bt. Ropar
Cadet AshwaniYadav and Cadet Gurwinder Singh attended the camp.
Cadet AshwaniYadav and Cadet Gurwinder Singh got second position in Inter Battalion Drill Competition.
- Independence Day Parade: Multipurpose Stadium Bathinda
Total Participated Cadets-12 (08SD and 04 SW)
Cadet Nisha Thakkar selected as Commander and also awarded trophy by Deputy CM, Punjab.
- ATC(Annual Training Camp): 12th Oct to 21st 2015, NCC Academy Malout
Total Participated Cadets-11 (08SD and 03 SW)
Cadet Arshdeep Singh got Medal for Guard of Honour
Cadet Simranjeet Kaur got Medal for Drill Competition
Cadet Nisha Thakkar got Medal for Anchoring
- Cadet Pushpender Singh attended SSB Screening Capsule from 07th Dec to 16th Dec 2015 at NCC Officer Training Academy, Kamptee.
- 02 Cadets were selected best cadets in RDC Camp at Nabha.
Cadet Jaspreet Sharma attended the camp
- Cadet Pushpender Singh selected for SSB Screening Camp at OTA Kamptee, 6th Dec. to 17th Dec 2015
- Prof. Rajesh Batra selected for PRCN at Kamptee (Nagpur), 14th Dec 2015 to 12th March 2016
- NCC Cadets join the Republic Day Parade rehearsal, 13th Jan 2015
- NCC Cadets saw the live telecast of Start up India Programme on 16th Jan 2015 at D.A.V. College, Bathinda.
- Cadet Pushpender Singh selected for Republic Day Parade at RajpathNew Delhi to India Gate and got a Medal from Defence Secretary Manish Dobrial.
- Republic day Parade held at Multipurpose Stadium Bathinda, 26th Jan 2016
Total Participated Cadets: 12 (09 SD and 03 SW)
Cadet Simranjeet Kaur got the Honourof leading as Commander and won a trophy for the best Commander.
Total Enrolled NCC Cadets-44
First Year Enrolled Cadets-28(23 Boys and 5 Girls)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-16(12 Boys and 4 Girls)
- Army Attachment Camp:13thJan to 27thJan 2014, Patiala.
Total Participated Cadets-8 (8 Boys)
- Cadet Jagmeet Singh won Punjab State NCC Merit Certificate for participation in Republic DayParade New Delhi 2014 and Prime Minister Rally at New Delhi as member of NCC Directorate’s Contingent from Punjab State.
- TSC (ThalSena Camp) Camp:23rd June to 2nd July 2014, Ropar.
Total Participated Cadets-9(7 Boys and 2 Girls)
In this camp cadet ManoharLal Sharma selected for TSC Camp, Delhi and selected as Commander and awarded Trophy by Director General.He was the only Cadet from Punjab who was awarded this trophy.
- Inter Group Shooting Camp: 30thJune to 12thJuly 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-1(1 Boy)
- TSC (ThalSena Camp) Camp: 30thJuly to 8thAug 2014, Ropar.
Total participated Cadets-3(3 Boys)
- CATC(Combined Annual Training Camp): 30thJuly to 8th Aug 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-8(6 Boys and 2 Girls)
- Independence Day 2014 Participation
Total Participated Cadets-15 (10 Boys and 5 Girls)
Cadet Nisha Thakkar selected as Commander and also awarded trophy by Deputy CM Punjab.
- Enrollment of NCC Cadet in August 2014
Total Cadets -44(35 Boys and 9 Girls).
- TSC (ThalSena Camp) Camp:19th Aug to 28th Aug 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-2(2 Boys)
- CATC (Combined Annual Training Camp): 11th Oct to 20th Oct 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-4(1 Boy and 3 Girls)
A .Cadet Nisha Thakkar got first Position in Solo Dance and Basketball in this camp.
B.Cadet SimranjeetKaur got First Position in Running and Second Position in Solo Dance in this camp.
- SSB Screening Course: 15th Dec to 24th Dec, Ota Kamptee
Total Participated Cadet-1(1 Boy)
- Jagmit Singh (B.A –I) participated in the Republic day Parade at New Delhi organized by 20 PbBnNCC,Bathinda.
- Participation in Annual Training Camp: 25th June to 4th July 2012
- Participation in the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi: Amandeep Singh and Kamaljit Singh, B.Sc 1 Yearwere selected.
- Participation in ATC Camp, NabhaSangrur: 3rdJan to 19thJan, 15students were selected.
- B and C certificate Exam: 3 Students, namely AnrejSingh,Jagseer Singh and Lovejinder Singhappeared in the exam inFeb 2011.
- Annual Camp at Sri Dhashmesh Sr. Sec. School, Talwandi Sabo: 25th Sep to 4th Oct, 21students participated in the combined annual camp.
- ATC Camp at Shri Dhasmesh Sr. sec School,Talwandi Sabo: Participation from 15th Oct to 24th Oct.
- Blood Donation Camp,D.A.V College: Organized by N.C.C volunteers, 21stNov. to 26thNov.
- All India Trekking Expedition at GZS College of Eng. and Tech.: 4th Oct. - 17th Oct., 4 students, namely, Jaspreet Sharma,Mukesh Kumar,Kiranjeet Singh and Pankaj Kumar participated.
- RDC Camp at Central UniversityComplex,Ghudda: 15th Oct to 24th Oct., 2 students participated.
- Opening Ceremony of New Raising Unit Punjab (R and V SQN NCC Ghudda):26th Nov
- ThalSainik Camp: 25thJuly to 27thJuly, 1 student got selected.
- North Zone Shooting Coaching Capsule, conducted at SKR Physical College,Kharar (Mohali): 23rd May to 26th May,2 students were selected.
- Republic Day Parade, New Delhi: Two students Satwinder Singh and Hardeep Singh,B.A-I Year were selected for participation in the parade.