Home / NSS
National Service Scheme (NSS)
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a government-sponsored public service programme conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. NSS is a voluntary association of young people in colleges, universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage. NSS scheme was launched in Gandhi's centenary year, 1969.
NSS aims at honinga student's personality through community service and develop interpersonal relationships and skills. Watching the society at close quarters, orients the students towards therealities of life, which brings about a change in their social perception.
NSS symbol represents the "Rath Wheel" of the Konark Sun Temple of Orissa. The huge wheel portrays the cycles of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The design of the symbol, a simplified form of Sun Chariot Wheel primarily depicts movement. The wheel signifies the progressive cycle of life. It also stands for dynamism and progressive outlook of youth.
"Not Me but You". It reiterates the need for self-less service.
- To sensitizethem towards the issues of the community.
- To gain a deeper understanding of themselves in relation to their community.
- To recognise the requirements and problems in the community and involve in problem solving process.
- To inculcate a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To utilize their knowledge in finding best solution to individual and community problems.
- To develop holistically for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To equip the students with the requisites to meet emergencies and national disasters
- To cultivate the spirit of national integration
Thecollege aims at instituting a fruitful association between campus and community, rural and urban and knowledge and action. For this purpose, the college organizes regular NSS activities, contributing towards the welfare of the society.
Highlights of NSS Wing
- Seminar on Voting Awareness By NSS
- Cleanliness drive by NSS Volunteers under Swach Bharat Abhiyaan, 28.09.2016
- Woolen wear was distributed to the underprivileged students on 6.1. 2016.
- International Women's day was celebrated on 8.3.2015.
- A seminar on'AIDS AWARENESS' was held on 1.12.2014.
- There was a talk to celebrate SardarVallabhBhaiJayanti as National Integration Day on 31.10.2014.
- A blood donation camp was held in the college premises on 28.10.2014.
- One day camp on cleanliness was organized on 20.10.2014 to participate in Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- More than 100 saplings were planted by N.S.S volunteers at various places on 12.7.2014
- A blood donation camp was held in the college premises on 6.12.2013.
- 'AIDS DAY' was celebrated on 1.12.2013.
- A seminar on 'Legal Literacy' was held on 4.9.2013.
- More than 50 saplings were planted by N.S.S volunteers in college premises on 20.8.2013.
- A 'JalChetna Rally' was organized by N.S.S volunteers on 19.1.2013.
- A blood donation camp was held in the college premises on 20.10.2012.